Wednesday, March 28, 2018

400 hamburgers

I've been sitting, staring at a blank page for about 20 minutes, but my mind is full. I wish I could take the thoughts/memories of this human that have been cantering through my mind, and lasso them all into words so that you can know them as I do, and so that I can remember them when time fades the memories into shadows. I laugh. All. The. Time. because my "tiny human" has a perspective on all things that challenges the limitations of my own imagination. 


As we pulled into In&Out, he confidently corrected the employee who was attempting to confirm our order and clarified that we had, in actuality, ordered 400 hamburgers and that we would like "many, many french fries made out of tomatoes". 


He galloped over to me with his latest K'nex creation and said, "If we have an ice cream shop built in the shape of an 'X', I am going to work in the middle, right here." I told you... thinks outside the box (or square). 


At the 753rd potty stop on our return trip from Phoenix, Kelton declared: "Let's pee at the same time. It's more manly. 1. 2. 3. Go!" 


In his complete frustration with something unreasonable I had done to him, he tearfully announced: "I so mad I gonna' frow up!" I get that a lot. 

-------------------------------------------------

Keddo, you are a great (now, 4 year old) man. You embody enthusiasm about all things great and small. You infect each of us with wonder because you are full of it. You fear no great adventure and you give us all fire with the spark that burns within you. There is not another you in this world and I love you for it. Remember to find who you are made to be and do it/be it with all your heart, soul, mind and body. 

2 comments:

teona said...

OHHHH, how I LOVE that little man!๐Ÿ’•

Gwendolyn1946 said...

Laughing so hard, with tears of joy at the way you capture forever with words the images of your reality, giving them them as gifts to all of us who bask in the beauty (and sometimes weep with you in the anguish) of what you portray. That “tiny human” pretty much defies adequate description, but 400 hamburgers is a good start๐Ÿ˜‚. Love that little Kelty Caleb♥️