Monday, May 23, 2011

Lady Devany

I am FINALLY getting around to posting photos of my favorite new baby horse! Lady Devany was born on May 6th, at 2:00am. I was able to watch her birth, which was such an amazing experience. Within an hour she was standing and nursing on her own! She is a very big baby with many features of both her dam and her sire. She is a beautiful peachy color, which I think will make her a chestnut once she matures. She is very courageous and inquisitive and so far we have been delighted to see that she has her mother's sweet nature.

I've been working with her every day, leading, tying, preparing to load in the horse trailer, brushing, messing with her legs, and just generally enjoying her. I absolutely love this little gem!

Video






























No comments: